In Art, man reveals himself and not his objects. -- Rabindranath Tagore
Arts at Shri Brahamrishi Vidya Mandir consist of Visual and Fine Arts, Dance, Drama and Music. Arts are an integral part of Shri Brahamrishi Vidya Mandir Education. Innovations, original & new ideas, creativity are the corner stone of our Arts philosophy.
Music and Dance: All students from KG to grade 5 go through foundations and basics of Music and Dance. From grade 6 onwards students have to opt for either Music or Dance.
Dance: School offers training for both Western and Classical Dances, which include Hip-hop, Salsa, Contemporary, Bharat Natyam etc.
Music: We offer vocals, tabla, synthesizer, harmonium and tanpura training.
Visharad: We also offer an optional training in Bharat Natyam, Vocals, Tabla.
Visual and Fine Arts: Training in these areas start from class 4 onwards and it is compulsory for the students to opt for any one of the following: Pencil/Crayon Sketching, Calligraphy, Painting using water/acrylic colors, Puppet making, 3D modeling, Collage and Paper Mache, Canvas and Wall painting. Some students even opt for more than one of the above.
7 reasons why Arts are important:
- They are languages that all people speak that cut across racial, cultural, social, educational, and economic barriers and enhance cultural appreciation and awareness.
- They provide opportunities for self-expression, bringing the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality.
- They develop both independence and collaboration.
- They make it possible to use personal strengths in meaningful ways and to bridge into understanding sometimes difficult abstractions through these strengths.
- They improve academic achievement -- enhancing test scores, attitudes, social skills, critical and creative thinking.
- They exercise and develop higher order thinking skills including analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and "problem-finding."
- They provide the means for every student to learn.